Vacancy – ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
Kabarak University invites applications from interested and suitable qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position in the Kabarak University Enterprise Ltd. The University is a Christian institution committed to Christian Biblical principles and values and the successful candidate will be required to uphold this value system.
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT – KABARAK UNIVERSITY ENTERPRISES LIMITED Ref. 22/10/18/1
- Must hold Bachelor of Commerce degree (Accounting option) with CPA-K.
- Should be a member of ICPAK (up to date).
- Should have at least four years’ experience in fast moving Consumer Goods Company. Applicants who have worked in hospitality industry will have an added advantage.
- Must have attained a minimum grade of B (plain) and above in KCSE with B (plain) and above in Mathematics
- Must be conversant with International standards on ERP systems.
- Must be an individual of high integrity, conversant with financial systems and accounting packages.
- Attention to detail.
Reporting to the General Manager, Kabarak University Enterprises Ltd.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable,payroll,audit,general ledger reporting.
- Assist with analyzing financial statement on a monthly basis and report any variances to the concerned department heads
- Assist in financial and tax audit and ensure company complies with international reporting standards
- Assist the accountant with system administration, G/L account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and management accounts preparation
- Assist in accountant with completing the end of year audit process
- Reconciles bank statement
- Safeguard of company’s assets
- Assist the Food and Beverage Controller in establishing a reliable food cost and monitor its progression
- Assist in cash flows and liquidity management
- Any other duties assigned by the General Manager or University Authority.
REMUNERATION AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Appointment to the position of Assistant Accountant (Kabarak Enterprise Ltd) will be on three (3) year contact renewable on mutual agreement, following a satisfactory probation period of six (6) months. A competitive compensation package will be offered to successful candidate.
Applicants should forward their applications including a soft copy and detailed Curriculum Vitae.They should attach supporting certified copies of certificates and testimonials. Applicants should also indicate their current earning and salary expectations. Applicants should provide day time telephone number and names and addresses of three referees who are knowledgeable about applicants’ competence, area of specialization, character and faith. The applicants should also request their referees to write immediately and directly to the undersigned.
Online application can be done through http://careers.kabarak.ac.ke
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned to be received not later than Friday 2nd November 2018.
The Registrar (Administration & Human resource)
Private Bag – 20157, KABARAK – KENYA