Welcome to the Institute of Post Graduate Studies
The Institute of Postgraduate Studies is the academic office responsible for the admission, progression and examination of all postgraduate students in the University. The Institute is headed by the Director who also serves as Secretary of the Board of Postgraduate Studies. The Board plays a leading role in the approval of new postgraduate programmes, in setting regulations governing the award of degrees.
The Director represents the graduate students on various fora in University, including the Dean’s Committee, the Research Committee and the Senate. The Director is appointed by the University Management. The current Director is Dr. Betty Tikoko who was appointed in 2015. She is the second Director to be appointed since the post was instituted in 2009.
The Postgraduate programs include postgraduate certificates, Postgraduate diplomas and higher level degrees (Masters and Doctoral).
The university offers the following degrees:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Education (Curriculum Studies)
- Master of Education (Guidance and Counseling)
- Master of Education ( Management and Leadership)
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics(MSC)
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Environmental Science
- Master of Science in IT
- Master of Science in IT Security & Audit
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Medicine in Family Medicine(MMFM)
- Master of Music Composition
- Master of Music Education
- Master of Musicology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (PHD)
- Doctor of Philosophy is IT Security and Audit
- Doctor of Philosophy in Information Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Music
Our mandate is to:
- Coordinate postgraduate programs at the University
- Coordinate all the University Research Activities
- Liaise with the Academic schools in developing research agenda for each school
- Develop policies for all University Research activities.
- Formulate guidelines for effective management, implementation and evaluation of academic programs.
The institute of postgraduate studies will encourage both students and faculty in disciplinary research, teaching and service activities that adhere to Kabarak University mission, vision and philosophy. The main goal of the institute of postgraduate studies is to contribute to the knowledge base to serve the society in the fear of God.
To build globally competitive learning and Research community in biblical perspective.
Our mission is to provide holistic quality education and research support based on Christian moral values.
The Board of Postgraduate Studies
The Board of Postgraduate Studies shall be responsible to Senate for all matters pertaining to postgraduate studies at Kabarak University.
Members of the Board
- Dr. Geoffrey Kamau – School of Business and Economics (Chairman)
- Dr. Fancy Too – School of Law (Assistant Chair)
- Dr. Betty J. Tikoko – Director, Institute of Postgraduate Studies (Secretary)
- Dr. James Kay – School of Education
- Dr. Titus Suge – School of Pharmacy
- Prof. Wesley Too – School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Dr. Wilson Shitandi – School of Music & Performing Arts
- Dr. Peter Rugiri – School of Computer Science & Bioinformatics
- Dr. Moses Thiga – Director, Research
- Mrs. Patricia Chebet – University Librarian
- Mr. Antony Somba – Director, Quality Assurance & Standards
- Prof. Jackson Kitetu – Senate Representative