Kabarak University invites applications from interested and suitable qualified candidates for Internship positions in the department of Internal Audit, Compliance and Risk Management. The University is a Christian institution committed to Christian Biblical principles and values and the successful candidate will be required to uphold this value system. Kindly visit our website: www.kabarak.ac.ke for details.
INTERNSHIP POSITIONS IN THE INTERNAL AUDIT COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
We are inviting applications for Internship:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR INTERNAL AUDIT INTERN:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance option
- CPA part III – Section vi or ACCA;
- Strong accounting, analytical skills and research ability;
- Must be highly motivated, take initiative, and work professionally with minimal supervision;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments;
- Problem solving skills and the ability to analyze current practices for compliance with regulations;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Auditors and interns shall be involved in the audit testing required under the new International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), University policies and procedures;
- Project areas shall include audit plan development, planning and fieldwork;
- Assignments shall include testing the controls of Revenue, Cash Receipts, Accounting and Computer Systems, Purchasing & Expenditures and Inventory;
- Assist in writing summary reports to management after each audit performed;
- Prepare and present on designated topics at staff meetings;
- Work proactively with internal customers to ensure audit recommendations are implemented timely;
- Continued enhancement of skills; including successful completion of an agreed training and development program. Develop knowledge of business strategies and overall business acumen.
Applicants should forward their applications including a soft copy and detailed Curriculum Vitae that should indicate their full personal details. Applicants should attach supporting certified copies of certificates and testimonials; provide day time telephone number, personal emails and names and addresses of three referees who are knowledgeable about applicants’ competence, area of specialization, character and faith. The applicants should also request their referees to write immediately and directly to the undersigned to be received not later than Thursday, 23rd May 2019.
Application documents should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday, 23rd May 2019.
The Registrar (Administration & Human Resource)
Private Bag – 20157, KABARAK – KENYA
OR through Kabarak University recruitment portal: careers.kabarak.ac.ke
OR send through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kabarak University Moral Code
As members of Kabarak University family, we purpose at all times and in all places, to set apart in one’s heart, Jesus as Lord. (1 Peter 3:15).