Vacancies at Kabarak University
Kabarak University invites applications from interested and suitable qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions at the University. The University is a Christian institution committed to Christian Biblical principles and values. Successful candidates will be required to uphold this value system. The University has openings in the following two (2) positions. Kindly visit also our website: www.kabarak.ac.ke.
1. REGISTRAR (ADMIN. AND HUMAN RESOURCE): GRADE- KABU 2 – Ref. 1/5/10/1
- Applicants should hold a PhD degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution;
- They should have at least 5 Years in Senior Management Position at the level of Senior Assistant Registrar and above in managing human Resource function;
- Demonstrate evidence of outstanding ability to communicate effectively and be in possession of good interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate competence in academic and administrative leadership in an academic environment;
- Should have served in a University or Research Institution;
- Should be familiar with Labour laws;
- Must be competent in relevant ICT applications, integrated library softwares and e-information;
- Should be a member of Institute of Human Resource Management with a practicing certificate;
- Be a dynamic person with ability to provide effective leadership and promote teamwork.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance). The successful candidate shall be responsible for general Administrative and Human Resource Management functions. The successful candidate shall be responsible for:
- Recruitment and selection of staff.
- Training and Development of staff.
- Management of staff discipline and Staff welfare.
- Performance management and appraisal.
- Development of HR and Administrative policies.
- Management of Staff records.
- Management of Central Services; Transport, Water, Electricity and Mailing Services.
- Maintenance of facilities.
2. ACCOUNTANT- GRADE – KABU 4 – Ref. 1/5/10/2
Applicants should have the following:
- A minimum of Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and CPA (K) or equivalent.
- They must have at least five years experience in a large organization, at a position of Senior Assistant Accountant preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- They should have a working knowledge of Financial Information systems and conversant with various accounting packages and must have a hands on experience in financial planning.
- Should be a member of ICPAK or relevant professional body.
The successful candidate will be Reporting to the Finance Manager and shall be responsible for the following key areas:
- Budget preparation, monitoring and control.
- Safeguard and management of University asset records.
- Ensuring that University complies with International Financial reporting Standards.
- Preparation of Management and Financial reports.
- Ensuring that University’s economic activities are accounted for through a sound financial system.
- Cash flow and Liquidity Management.
3. RENUMERATION AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Appointments to the positions of Registrar are on Contract for five (5 years) renewable on mutual agreement. The position of Accountant is on permanent and pensionable. The above positions are subject to a satisfactory probation period of six (6) months. A competitive compensation package will be offered to successful candidates.
4. APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Applicants should forward their applications including a soft copy and detailed Curriculum Vitae that should indicate their full personal details and scholarly activities. They should attach supporting certified copies of certificates and testimonials. Applicants should provide daytime telephone number and names and addresses of three referees who are knowledgeable about applicant’s competence, area of specialization, character and faith. The applicants should also request their referees to write immediately and directly to the undersigned.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned to be received not later than Friday, 31st May 2019.
The Vice Chancellor
Private Bag – 20157, KABARAK – KENYA
Tel: 051 – 343234/5, 051- 343509
Kabarak University Moral Code
As members of Kabarak University family, we purpose at all times and in all places, to set apart in one’s heart, Jesus as Lord.( 1 Peter 3:15)