The Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) conference seeks to provide a platform AI researchers and practitioners to share experiences, practical skills and knowledge in the development, deployment and adoption of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence solutions in Africa. The event targets undergraduate, masters and PhD students, senior and early career researchers and industry practitioners in order to offer a variety of perspectives and knowledge in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
Collaborations, especially across disciplines, are currently are requirement for a majority of research and implementation activities. In this regard the event also seeks to facilitate networking among senior and upcoming Data Science and Artificial Intelligence researchers with their industry counterparts for the establishment of collaborations.
Dissemination of research is a key requirement in all academic and industry research in order to facilitate adoption of outputs as well as to spur new activities. In this regard, the conference also serves as part of the publication process for outputs of research and practice papers in conference proceedings and the Journal of Information Systems in Eastern Africa.
The conference accepts the following types of submissions;
- Case Studies: Abstracts or full papers based on case studies documenting challenges and lessons learned during the development and deployment of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence solutions in Africa.
- Emprical Works: Abstracts or full papers documenting results from research activities related to the adoption and impact of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence on the African continent.
- Project Presentations: Abstracts or posters documenting systems and solutions in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence solutions on the African continent.
The conference features the following tracks
- Data Science - Data Mining, Statistical Analysis, Business Intelligence, Strategy-Making, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Data visualization and Database Management among others.
- Artificial Intelligence – Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language processing, Expert System, Robotics, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, and Ethical issues.
- Emerging and Crosscutting Issues in Artificial Intelligence in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
The conference is held in a hybrid mode to allow for online participation by authors from across the globe.
- All submission abstracts will be published in the conference book of abstracts.
- Full conference papers will be published in a peer reviewed conference proceeding.
- Selected submissions will be double blind peer reviewed for publication in a special Issue of the Journal of Information Systems in Eastern Africa. http://journals.kabarak.ac.ke/index.php/jisea
The inaugural Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) will be taking place between 1st and 3rd February 2023 at Kabarak University (online).
The theme for the 2023 conference is “Development, Deployment and Adoption of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Solutions”.