The Dean of Students coordinates all the activities of the department and represents the department in the University Senate and other organs of the University.
Student Counseling (group and individual), Overseeing the University Students Association, Registration of Students’ Clubs, Career advice and Guidance, Public Educative Lectures, Sports and games, Student Financial Aid, Partnership with the HELB (Higher Education Loans Board), Orientation of first year students, Partnership with other university department
- To develop, nurture and promote an enabling environment that supports and enhances both the academic pursuits and other development processes of students.
- To offer services catering for the general welfare of students.
- To develop and implement programmes and activities that assist students to develop their physical, psychological, social, and spiritual and leadership capabilities.
- To liaise with other University Departments to ensure that each and every student achieves his/her full potential and prepare them for the challenges ofadulthood.
- To serve as an advocate for students by assuring that interests of students are served in strategic aspects of University operations.
- To develop a community life by designing programmes and activities that nurture and encourage a strong sense of belonging among students, staff and the surroundingcommunity.
- To promote and expand knowledge about the characteristics of students and the factors that affect their growth and success, and also advise the rest of the university fraternity on the same as deemed necessary for the welfare of students.