Directorate of Quality Assurance and Institutional Planning
The Directorate of Quality Assurance and Institutional Planning (QAIP) at Kabarak University is in charge of developing, sustaining, and reviewing quality and standards in University procedures, processes, and products. As a result, the Directorate is dedicated to the institutionalization of systems and best practices that promote efficiency and excellence. This in turn improves the university’s competitiveness in a global education anchored on holistic quality education based on research, practical skills and biblical Christian values (1 Peter 3:15).
Kabarak University is an ISO 9001:2015 certified Institution. Following the award of ISO 9001:2015 Certification, Kenya Bureau of Standards have always performed surveillance audits every year to monitor compliance with the quality standard. Furthermore, the University has always conducted internal audits as part of its internal quality monitoring system. In order to enhance access to quality services, implement the Service Delivery
Charter and monitor adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements, the directorate of QAIP has been mandated with the institutionalization of an effective Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001:2015 standard.
The responsibilities include:
- Manage the Directorate of Quality Assurance and Institutional Planning in an accountable manner;
- Formulate and implement policies on Quality Assurance matters towards continual improvement of the University’s products and services;
- Ensure all staff perform their duties as per the ISO standards, service delivery charter at all levels and policies and procedures of the University;
- Ensure the Directorate’s Annual Work Plan is aligned to the Corporate Strategic Plan;
- Monitor and recommend internal support services to both students’ and staff services in order to enhance quality in learning and research;
- Provide regular and prompt feedback to the DVC (A&R) on key academic and research matters;
- Provide regular and prompt feedback to the DVC (A&F) on key Administrative and Human Resource matters; and
- Enforce relevant University policies.
The Directorate of Quality Assurance and Institutional planning is headed by a Director. Other members of staff include the University Data Officer and an Administrator. There is a Quality Assurance Committee whose membership is drawn from all academic Deans, Directors and other senior academic staff. This committee is in charge of putting all quality assurance practices and processes into action.