Innovation and Business Incubation Center
The Kabarak University Innovation and Business Incubation Center was established in 2021 with the following objectives:
- Developing capacity for innovation and commercialization.
- Sensitization and support for Intellectual property protection.
- Identification and Incubation of innovations for commercialization.
- Organizing marketing and networking events for innovators.
- Resource mobilization for innovation and business Incubation.
- Capacity Building – The center is actively involved in training staff and students on various aspects of innovation and business incubation such as idea development, prototyping, intellectual property protection and commercialization.
- Central Rift Innovation Week – This annual event provides a platform for training, networking and showcasing their innovations. The participants involved are drawn from Universities, Technical and Vocational Training institutions and county governments.,
- Innovation Grants – The center oversees the University innovation fund whose aim is to provide seed money for the development, intellectual property protection and commercialization of innovation.
The committee comprises of the following members;
- Coordinator, Innovation and Business Incubation.
- School Representatives