The general purpose of the programme is to produce graduate teachers for employment in public and private secondary schools, primary schools, and post-secondary institutions; as well as for postgraduate studies in education and related disciplines.
Minimum Admission Requirements
KCSE C+ with C+ in two teaching subjects, or two principles and one subsidiary at “A” Level, or Diploma in Education.
Expected Learning Outcomes
The Expected Learning Outcomes for students in this program are as follows:
- Teach relevant art courses in secondary schools, primary schools and post secondary institutions.
- Plan, develop and execute educational curricula in areas of expertise.
- Identify research problems and design appropriate procedures for investigating and analyzing them to provide solutions.
- Apply educational theories to their daily teaching assignments in arts subjects and humanities.
- Participate in long life learning along the career path