Goal of the Programme
The goal of the course is to provide students with the ability to enhance the analytical and conceptual skills in specific areas of finance, conduct research on relevant and contemporary issues, including pricing and trading financial instruments, corporate finance, corporate governance, and interactions with financial markets and make an original and significant contribution to knowledge in banking and finance.
Minimum admission requirements
Master of Business Administration (Finance) or equivalent Masters degree in the relevant area earned from Kabarak University or universities recognized by the Commission for University Education.
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Explain the concept of the time value of money and be able to use basic time value concepts to make basic capital investment decisions, and analyze and value securities, including debt and equity instruments.
- Identify the characteristics of the principle asset classes and key securities to be able to evaluate their appropriateness as investments in a broad range of portfolio applications.
- Use the concepts of the time value of money, the risk/expected return relationship and asset-class and security diversification, to construct an investment portfolio that satisfies a hypothetical client's objectives and constraints.
- Apply the principle analytical skills and tools used in finance.
- Apply professional ethics appropriately in all business-related decisions
- Evaluate the recent developments in research on financial markets