Goal of the Program
The general goal of the program is to train and equip learners with knowledge and skills in Procurement and Logistics Management so as to enable them provide expertise in the public or private sector organizations and to pursue further studies in their fields.
We expect graduates of this program to take up careers in procurement and logistics related positions such as: procurement officer, supply chain manager, supplier relationship manager, contract manager, purchasing manager, E-procurement manager, stores management, logistics management, etc.
Minimum Admission Requirements
KCSE C+ with C (plain) in Mathematics; OR Credit Pass at Diploma level or equivalent qualifications in the related area of study
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Explain fundamental concepts and principles of procurement and Supplies management.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in information technology competencies required in supply chain management
- Apply basic computational techniques to solve quantitative managerial accounting problems related to procurement and supply of goods.
- Apply core concepts, principles and theories of management to properly analyze and diagnose management problems.
- Explain managerial aspects of purchasing, receiving, storage, issuing and stock control.
- Assess the risks associated with supply chain management practices and apply appropriate risk management techniques to minimize those risks.
- Describe the prevailing legal principles and ethical issues associated with procurement and logistics in an Organization.