Goal of the Programme
The aim of the Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management is to develop graduates with professional knowledge, positive attitudes, practical managerial and entrepreneurial skills as well as ethical values needed to contribute to the professional management of agribusinesses and economic development. The programme also aims at providing a platform for research to enhance the body of knowledge in Agribusiness Management.
Minimum admission requirements
KCSE+ (plus) and a C- (minus) in Agriculture, Mathematics and English, or at least a D+ in Mathematics and a C (plain) in Commerce and Business Studies in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education OR, a relevant Diploma from institutions recognized by Kabarak University senate
Expected Learning Outcomes of the programme
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Describe agro-industrialization and relationships between producers, processors, manufacturers and consumers of commodities involved in the agribusiness sector.
- Analyze the farm and market situations to solve day to day and long term problems in the agribusiness sector of the economy.
- Use agribusiness management skills to run agribusiness enterprises including consulting.
- Apply knowledge of supply chain management in agribusiness and decision making.
- Provide solutions to organizational problems.
- Participate in agribusiness research and knowledge creation.