Goal of the Program
The general purpose of the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance is to develop graduates with professional knowledge, practical skills in managerial finance and economics as well as ethical values needed to contribute to the professional management of financial institutions. The programme also aims at providing a platform for research to enhance the body of knowledge in the area of finance and economics.
Minimum Admission Requirements
KCSE C+ with C (plain) in Mathematics; OR Credit Pass at Diploma level or equivalent qualifications in the related area of study
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Explain basic concepts and principles of economics and finance
- Apply key concepts of economics and finance and management skills to solve management problems in service organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in information technology competencies required in the financial Institutions.
- Interpret economics and financial data and use the information to make decisions.
- Conduct research relevant to economics and finance and analyze information by using analytical tools, and problem solving skills.
- Identify and assess the risks associated with financial services in Kenya and across borders, and explain appropriate risk management techniques to minimize the risks.
- Describe the functions and management of financial institutions and markets in modern economy.