Goal of the Programme
This program aims to produce graduates with:
- A solid grounding in the basics of telecommunication systems and operations.
- A thorough understanding of the many telecommunication technologies used not only in Kenya but all over the world.
- The preparedness of facing and shaping the future of telecommunications in Kenya and beyond.
- Computing and programming skills relevant to the industry and beyond.
- The skills to design new telecommunication products and systems.
- The skills to analyse, configure, man, maintain and install telecommunication systems.
- A holistic understanding of the business, political and legal frameworks that govern the telecommunication industry.
- An insider’s view of how telecommunication companies are run and managed and how to make strategic plans in the industry.
- The ability to plan, guide and implement environmentally-aware technological change.
KCSE mean grade of C+ with C+ (plus) in Mathematics, Physics, and C (plain) in English; or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology with at least Credit Pass.
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- Differentiate the various technologies used in telecommunications and be in a position to advice on the best telecommunication solutions for various client requirements.
- Design and implement telecommunication networks.
- Analyse telecommunication signals from various transmission modes.
- Install, configure, man and maintain telecommunication systems.
- Combine knowledge gained from various fields for a holistic approach to telecommunications.
- Analyse emerging telecommunication issues in terms of their business, economic, scientific and technological importance.
- Develop and apply technological solutions in pragmatic, environmentally-sensitive ways.