Goal of the Programme
The programme prepares graduates for effective service in nursing, patient care, and health education.
Minimum Admission Requirements
KCSE C+ with C+ in Chemistry, Biology, English or Kiswahili, Physics or Mathematics
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme, a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is expected to:
- Assess and appropriately recognize the health needs of a population and plan for necessary interventions.
- Apply nursing process as a scientific basis in providing holistic nursing care for patient/clients in a variety of settings.
- Manage activities and provide professional leadership in provision of nursing care service to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate competence in utilization of available resources to meet identified needs of individuals, families and communities.
- Design, develop and implement training curricula.
- Formulate policies related to health sector reforms in Kenya’s health care systems, regionally and globally.
- Apply clinical thinking skills for problem-solving and decision-making.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate programs.