The Goal of the Programme
The goal of Diploma in Theology is to produce theologians/pastors at the level of diploma who are trained in theology, ministry, church history, and Bible exposition; and will serve in the church and parachurch as pastors, in institutions as chaplains, and also to prepare them for undergraduate studies.
We expect graduates from this programme will work as:
- Pastors in church ministries
- Chaplains (in schools, military, and healthcare centres)
- Parachurch organization workers
- Missionaries and church planters
Minimum Entry Requirements for Diploma in Theology
Diploma in Theology programmes requires a minimum mean grade of C- (Minus) in KCSE.
Expected Learning Outcomes of the Programme
- At the end of the programme, a graduate of Diploma in Theology of Kabarak University is expected to:
- Be equipped with knowledge of the Bible and the Christian heritage from an Evangelical Christian perspective.
- Communicate effectively the Word of God to others, with a view of winning them to Christ.
- Expound, analyse and understand the Scriptures in a systematic fashion.
- Give a strong theological background to learners who may end up serving God among non-Christian groups and organizations.
- Demonstrate a genuine concern for missionary efforts.
- Demonstrate Christian maturity which expresses itself in commitment to Christ, to His Church and to their denomination.
- Advance in a disciplined study of the Scriptures. This involves a lifetime of study and learning which is characteristic of serious Christians in general and ministers in particular.
- Present a reasoned defence of their faith to critics of the Christian faith.