Goal of the Programme
The general purpose of the program is to train and equip music artists with knowledge and skills in diverse areas of music so that they can competently work in the music industry and pursue further studies in their areas of interest.
Minimum Admission Requirements
KCSE minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus) with evidence of: a) At least 2 years of field work experience in music making b) Having passed an audition interview conducted by the Board of the Kabarak School of Music Performing Arts and c) Must enroll for The Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) exam (Minimum grade THREE).
KCSE minimum mean grade of C- (Minus) with a minimum of D+(Plus) in Music
KCSE mean minimum grade of C- (Minus) with a minimum of ABRSM Grade THREE
KCSE minimum of grade D (Plain) with a Certificate in Music from an institution recognized by Kabarak University senate and the CUE.
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of the program, a graduate of diploma in Music is expected to:
- Compose various works in Music based on Biblical teachings and doctrines
- Perform selected African and Western songs and dances
- Explain and perform various aspects of church music
- Explain various theoretical issues and concepts in Music
- Apply various computer programs to write and perform selected music works
- Explain the impact of acoustics and related issues on performance
- Use various technologies to record and produce musical works
- Notate various Musical works using specific music notation software
- Conduct performance of various musical works
- Play selected music instruments
- Dance and choreograph various selected dance items in Africa
- Use appropriate language based skills to compose songs and other musical works
- Analyze selected works of music