Goal of the Programme
The program has been designed to recognize that its graduands will have a strong clinical and community health knowledge in order to provide health care that will integrate curative and preventive health care.
Minimum Admission Requirements
KCSE mean grade of C (Plain) with C in Biology, English or Kiswahili; C- in Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme, a graduate of the Diploma in Clinical Medicine program is expected to:
- Practice professional values, behavior and ethics.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of scientific foundation of medicine.
- Practice clinical skills.
- Handle issues related to population health and health systems.
- Demonstrate skills for management of information essential for policy decisions, planning and implementation of activities and programs in the health sector.
- Apply critical thinking and research to solve problems in health-related issues.
- Apply leadership and management skills in varying and diverse circumstances.