About the Department
The Security department of the University is responsible for all security and safety matters in the University. It is headed by the Chief Security and Safety Officer.
The department is committed to provision of quality security services to the University through deployment of qualified security personnel, initiating crime prevention strategies, enforcement of rules and regulations, liaising with government security agencies and members of public/community, upholding high standards of customer care and public relations.
To become a preferred centre of security and safety solutions to the University.
To provide a safe, secure and peaceful University community environment for learning, working and living.
Roles of the Security department
- Ensure the safety of persons within the University, including University staff, students and visitors
- Safeguard University property, including buildings, grounds, equipment, and other assets
- Safeguard non-University property located temporarily or permanently within the University grounds
- Respond to emergency situations or conditions and provide assistance within legal limits of the department’s authority
- Prevention and detection of crime
- Apprehend offenders
- Crowd and traffic control
- Enforcement of University rules and regulations.