The Vice-Chancellor Prof. Henry Kiplangat today officially opened a two-day strategic planning workshop at the Kabarak Guesthouse & Conference Centre.
The workshop aim is to enable the participants to develop the fourth (2022-2027) strategic plan for the University. The Strategic Plan is expected to direct the growth of the University to the next level.
The Vice-Chancellor noted that the University had achieved over 80% in its third strategic plan (2017-2021).
The 2017-2021 strategic plan evaluation report enumerated the following achievements;
- Increase in academic programmes
- Increase in student population
- Enhancement of student experience on campus life
- Improved quality in the delivery of programmes
- Improved governance structure particularly in the development of policies
- Improvement in staff welfare terms of service and enhancement of the working environment
- Development of infrastructure
- Enhancement of ICT resources and services
The workshop is facilitated by FEWA resource management consultants. The team from FEWA is led by Mr. Clement Owino.
Workshop participants: Prof. Henry Kiplangat (Vice Chancellor), Prof. Ronald K. Chepkilot DVC (Administration and Finance), Prof. John N. Ochola DVC (Academics and Research), Rev. Prof. Jacob Kibor (University Provost), Dr. Simeon K. Kipchumba Registrar (Administration and Human Resource), Dr. Antony M. Somba Registrar (Academic and Research), Dr. Moses Alela (Dean of students), Mrs. Patricia Chebet (University Librarian), Mr. Gideon Langat (Finance Manager), Deans of Schools, Directors and Section Heads.