KUSO Awards, the first of its kind saw the light of day at the Kabarak University Auditorium. The awards ceremony was organized by the outgoing Kabarak university students’ organization chaired by Loraine Koskei the KUSO president 2021/2022. The award is geared towards acknowledging and appreciating outstanding students in different categories in line with one of the University’s goals of naturing talent and helping students realize the need of serving God diligently in different areas.
The students one after another in apple-pie order made their way to the university auditorium to give ovations to the winners of the 16 categories namely;
- Innovator of the Year - Bahati Innocent Wafula,
- Influencer of the Year - Vincent Kipchumba Cherigat,
- Humanitarian of the Year - Peter Musya,
- Most Outstanding Club of the Year - Kabarak Red Cross,
- DJ of the Year - Jesse Kabochi,
- Sportsman of the Year - Chacha Moses Menge,
- Sports Lady of the Year - Jasmine Jepkoech,
- Female model of the Year - Kelio Sharon,
- Male model of the Year - Ezekiel Ledama,
- Dancer of the Year - Edgar Eliud,
- Upcoming Artist of the year - Hillary Patrick,
- Poet of the Year - Valentine Kagwiria,
- Instrumentalist of the Year - Gibson Kipruto,
- Photographer of the year - Evans Owino,
- Mc/Hypeman of the Year - Caleb Ogato,
- Most Fashionable student of the year - Simon wachira,
- Poet of the year, Nakuru City Campus- Ann Njeri,
- Sportsperson of the year, Nakuru City Campus- Neville Linyerera,
- Club of the year, Nakuru City Campus- St. John's Ambulance.
The different positions that were vied for were awarded to the winners; a trophy and certificate. The winners were allowed to thank those who voted them in and shared their motivations as to why they took up the competition.
It was an evening to enjoy, make memories, and appreciate KUSO for their service during their time in the office. A big thank you goes to the administration for allowing such activities that allow students to showcase their talents and get appreciated for the great things they do besides their excellence in academics.
Kabarak University congratulates the winners of the 16 categories and urges them to continue with the good work in their God-given talents.