Department of Food, Nutrition & Dietetics
About the Department...
Programmes Offered at the Department
Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
BSc. Second Class Honours Upper Division in any of the following areas: Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Nursing, Biomedical Sciences, MBChB, paramedical areas,Public health, Physiology, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Community Health and development or equivalent qualifications. Those with Second Class Lower Division must have at least 2 years of practical experience after graduation.
Bachelor of Science Human Nutrition and Dietetics Minimum Admission Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Mean grade of C+
- C+ in Chemistry/Physical Sciences
- C+ in Biology/Biological Sciences
- C+ in English OR Kiswahili
- C in Mathematics ,Physics and Geography
- Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics or Nutrition and Food Sciences from a recognized Institution by Kabarak University Senate and registered with KNDI
Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
All applicants for admission to the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics must satisfy the following requirements.
- Mean grade of C – (minus)
Mandatory subjects shall be;
- D+ in Chemistry/Physical Sciences
- D+ in Biology/Biological Sciences
- D+ in English
Additional subjects shall be;
- D in Home Science, Agriculture, General Science
- D in Mathematics, Physics